So your daughter is finally out of the crib and toddler stage and you’ve decided it’s time to redecorate her room.
Here are some factors’ to consider for your project:
• Time – be certain the decorating reflects an older child so they can ‘grow’ with the room.
• Solicit the opinion of the child – Yes, I said it! Let her be a part of the process, after all it is her room!
• Choose a bed size with growth in mind – a full or queen size should be considered.
• Be sure to position a desk near the window to allow for maximum lighting.
• A bookshelf is a great option for not only storing books, but also her favorite collectibles.
I recently completed a project for a 7-year-old girl’s bedroom. Below are some photos.
The walls were painted in Benjamin Moore’s Whisper Violet. The ceiling, in a ½ formula of Whisper Violet and the trim was finished in white. The window panels were done in a white silk and a banding trim in lavender with a Tulle skirt. The curtain rod is a polished chrome rod with crystal sphere finials and rings. The girl’s white two-person desk is complete with Lucite chairs.
The headboard was finished in a vegan white leather. The bed pillows consist of a center heart shaped faux fur lavender pillow, two standard lavender quilted shams and a combination of lavender and white gingham pillows with a vintage lavender velvet trim. The bedding features a Tulle bed skirt.
The bedroom lighting features a single chandelier with a drum shade and crystal ball.
The sheep skin bench with its Lucite legs, mirrors the crystal finials and Lucite desk chairs.
Please contact me for your next decorating project 201.819.3433
Andrea Jacoby, NJCID